The Downtown Palo Alto Residential Preferential Parking (RPP) Program requires all employers and employees to have a permit to park on the street for more than 2 hours between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Through the Downtown RPP Program:
- Employees may purchase one vehicle-specific permit ($375 per six months
- Employees may purchase a reduced-price permit ($50 per six months, see qualifications below*)
- Employers may purchase transferable hangtag permits to be shared by shift workers ($375 per six months)
Employers must be registered with the Palo Alto Business Registry prior to their employees purchasing permits.
For Employers: Employers creating a new account will be required to provide their business registration number, and proof of business (i.e. utility bill, EIN, etc.). Once the application has been approved, employers will be eligible to purchase annual transferable hangtags for employees to share.
For Employees: Employees creating new accounts will be required to upload a copy of their current photo ID (i.e. driver’s license/government photo ID card) and proof of employment location (i.e. paystub/W2, letter from employer). Employees intending to qualify for the reduced-price permits must submit paystubs or a W2 to prove qualification under hourly or annual wage thresholds. Once the application has been approved, employees will be eligible for the following permits: adhesive long-term permit (including reduced-price permit based on income qualification) or daily visitor scratcher.
*Employees may qualify for a reduced-price permit if they meet either of the income requirements listed below:
- Employees who earn an annual income which is exactly or less than $50,000, OR
- Employees who make a pre-tax hourly wage which is exactly or less than twice the governing city or state minimum wage (whichever is greater)
Click for Resolution.
Click for Admin Guidelines.